Things To Know
DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES
The staff member will greet you at your car window and ask you to sign in your camper and what time you will be picking them up (at pick up they will ask if you need before care the following day). Drop off/pick up are at the blue canopy behind Carroll Stadium off University Blvd.
You will be greeted by a staff member in an IUPUI Day Camp t-shirt at your car window. The staff member will ask you for your driver’s license every day to confirm that you are on the approved pick-up list. Your camper will be escorted to your car.
Late pick up:
If you pick your child up after 6:00PM you will be assessed a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child. If a child has not been picked up by 6:30PM and no authorized contact person can be reached, the staff will follow the IUPUI Day Camp safety policy and contact campus police.
Any medication given to your camper during camp hours must be in the original container with clear prescription information. A Medication Release form must be completed with the following information included:
- Child’s Name
- Type of Medication
- Physician’s Name
- Dosage to be given
- Time to be given
- Number of days to administer
- Emergency Contact Information
SICK/ ILL CHILDREN
Any camper displaying symptoms such as fever, rash, diarrhea or vomiting will be removed from camp and comforted indoors. A staff member will contact you and schedule arrangements for pick-up.
Snacks will be provided. If your camper has a food allergy, you may want to send a snack with him/ her. Please notify the camp supervisor of all food allergies.
The safety and care of campers in our care is our top priority. Even with careful and diligent supervision, young children are often testing their limits which makes injuries inevitable. With minor incidents, the staff will inform you of the injury and will provide you with a copy of the Incident Form within the week. In the event of a medical emergency requiring a doctor’s treatment, we will contact you immediately. If we cannot make contact with a guardian, emergency personnel will take the child to the emergency room via ambulance. At all times, there will be an IUPUI Day Camp staff person with your child.
WHAT TO BRING / WHAT NOT TO BRING:
Bring (Reminder: please label all items with your child’s name):
Do NOT Bring:
- Water bottle
- Healthy Lunch (insulated bag, not refrigerator available)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Change of Clothes
- Cell phones
- Peanuts (We are a peanut-free camp and respectfully ask to keep this in mind when preparing your child's lunch.)
- Sugary drinks
- Campers will receive 2 snacks a day: fruit in the morning and a packaged snack in the afternoon.
- Please call the Pro Shop (317-274-3518) for urgent messages that need to be answered during camp. Ask them to have us call you back ASAP!
- Lost and Found: Camper items found at camp will be delivered to the Lost and Found basket located at the camp trailer. Inquiries can also be made by contacting the camp office.
- Early Pick-up: If your camper is being picked up before 3:15pm, please inform the drop-off counselor or call the Pro Shop.
- Authorized Pick-ups: Please let us know if someone is not on your pick-up list on Monday!
- Inclement Weather Drop-off/Pick-up: This will be located at the Natatorium doors off of University Blvd.
- Swim lessons are taught by Natatorium staff and follow the Swim America program—testing out of levels is every Thursday.
- Your camper will get wet, dirty, painted, and hot! Please keep this in mind when coming to pick up—you might throw a couple of extra towels in the car just in case!