Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions. Should you have a question not included in these FAQs, please let us know by sending email@example.com a quick email and we will add it to the list.
Jaguar Summer Day Camp programming runs 9:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday.
Enrichments begin at 9:15am and run until lunchtime. Those campers will rejoin Jaguar Camp for the rest of the day.
We are happy to provide FREE before and after care to our families to those who need an earlier drop-off and later pick-up.
Before Care: 7:30am-9:00am
Camp staff will begin receiving campers at 7:30am. Do not drop your child off before then. We ask that you please drop your child off by 9:00am so camp programming can begin on time.
After Care: 3:30pm-5:30pm
The camp day concludes at 3:30pm. If you need a later pick-up, we will be available until 5:30pm.
Late Pick-up Fee
If you pick your child up after 5:30pm you will be assessed a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child. If a child has not been picked up by 6:00pm and no authorized contact person can be reached, the staff will follow the Jaguar Summer Day Camp safety policy and contact campus police.
We do not offer scholarships at this time.
As a traditional day camp, Jaguar Summer Day Camp is not a specialized or therapeutic program. However, we are committed to being an inclusive camp, and are happy to make reasonable modifications that we can support on a case-by-case basis.
We ask that you please share as much information as possible about your child so that we can ensure that Jaguar Summer Day Camp is a good fit. Helpful information might include a school IEP or 504 plan, reports from a psychologist, psychiatrist, and/or speech, occupational, physical, and behavioral therapists.
These reports and plans are highly confidential and will only be shared with the leadership team. The more we know, the better prepared we will be to make camp a successful experience for your child.
Please contact Katy at 317.278.2187 or firstname.lastname@example.org if your child receives any accommodations, supports, or services (private or in-school) during the school year, or if you have any questions or concerns about Jaguar Summer Day Camp’s fit for your child, prior to registration.
Camps are not a “one size fits all”, and there may be times when our camp doesn’t fit the participant. This may be because:
- The camper doesn’t like the activities or components of camp (e.g., games, swimming, field trips, etc.)
- The participant has a health condition that limits participation in activities of long duration
- The Jaguar Summer Day Camp staff, along with the family, haven’t found the right plan for participation with the camper
The Jaguar Summer Day Camp staff reserves the right to delay the start of participation, or temporarily suspend a camper, until a plan has been established to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Participation in Jaguar Summer Day Camp
- Campers are expected to contribute to a safe camp environment, using respectful language and appropriate physical behavior
- Campers are expected to function in a group setting in a positive and cooperative manner that displays tolerance and respect for self and others
- Campers are expected to follow instructions from counselors and refrain from behaviors that pose a risk to self or others
- Campers are expected to maintain a positive attitude when participating in activities with their group
Camper Expectations (Please share with your child!)
- Be safe at all times
- Be respectful of yourself, your counselors, and your fellow campers
- Stay with your counselors and listen to them at all times (Remember: your counselors’ #1 goal is to keep you safe)
- Tell your counselors right away if you are upset about something or if you need help—they are here for you
- Be patient, tolerant, and include others
- Treat others with kindness, just as you would like to be treated
- Leave all electronics at home (This includes cell phones and ”smart” watches)
- Keep your lunch food to yourself (no sharing or swapping with others)
- Be willing to try new things, and give every activity your best effort
- HAVE FUN